Saturday, March 20, 2010

Proud Mom

Report cards came out yesterday and I must admit to being proud of my kids! Anna's Kindergarten teacher raved about Anna's progress and said she was well liked by all the students. I can see this as she is a very social little girl, and is always making new friends wherever she goes. Grace is one of the top students in her class and came home with 6 A's! She really enjoys school and reads voraciously!
Brendan is the one who really impressed me this term though. School has never really been Brendan's most favorite thing, and we have had our challenges with that. I was quite worried about him going to Jr. High this year as the end of Grade 6 was not a good experience at all. I have been most pleasantly surprised with how well Brendan has done this year. His report card had 5 A's and 4 B's!! He is taking Art this semester and is really enjoying it. I have to share what his Art teacher said about him on his report card - - I never thought I would see the day, but I am definitely busting my buttons today!!

Brendan is one of the top art students. He is very good at watching how art technique is done and then applying it to himself and his work. He is a determined and productive student who is always willing to do extra work in the interest of learning. He is the ideal art student. I wish him well in all things he does in his life. Brendan is respected by others as he demonstrates skills in his own quiet way. We could have a whole classroom of students like Brendan and the world would be a richer place.

WOW!! What a tribute!!!

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Sounds like they got some GREAT genes! ;)
Great Job Anna, Grace, and Brendan!!!

Mary Lou said...

We are SO proud of your accomplishments, Brendan!!! Good work on your report card. Keep up the good work!!! We'd love to see some of your artwork!

The FOUR M's... said...

Awesome -- it's always nice to have comments like that and have kids with good grades! Good job everyone!