Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My teenager!

Brendan had his 13th birthday on March 4th. I am still having a hard time believing that I have am the mother of a teenager! Brendan had such a busy day on his birthday. He had a basketball game right after school and just barely got home in time to change and open some gifts really quick before he dashed off to cadets. We surprised him on Friday night though and had a couple of his friends over and Matt took them all to the new Alice in Wonderland movie in 3D. They thought it was pretty cool and they enjoyed playing the Wii after as well. Brendan is such a big help to me. I really noticed how much I rely on him when he was away on a cadet camp a few weeks ago and Matt was working the weekend. It was really hard to go to church without either one of them there! Brendan is taller than I am now and is still going strong. Here's hoping for some excellent teenage years!
Brendan got some nice shirts from his Grandma Hatch



I made him an "Ipod" - - he didn't seem to really like it though ;) It even had a 64 page memory!!

Brendan has been saving for an Ipod for quite some time, and he was given quite a little chunk of money for his birthday, so he was able to buy himself a fun little birthday present all on his own!
We didn't have time to have cake on his actual birthday - we had a big joint birthday on Sunday for Brendan, Anna, Grandma Hatch and Aunt Rachel. Brendan shares his birthday with his Aunt Mindy too!
Love ya bud!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

I really like your idea of an ipod!! (way more cost effective!!!)