Sunday, October 10, 2010

Our New House!!

Originally I was not supposed to be in Lethbridge this weekend. Matt was planning on coming back up to Edmonton for Thanksgiving since he had some time off work. Those plans all changed last Monday when we got an offer on our house. The people who put the offer in wanted possession by November 16, which only gave us 5 weeks to find a place and move. So we decided that having me travel to Lethbridge to look for a house for us to move into was probably a good idea. We had looked at about 12 houses last month, but didn't really want to put in any offers until we had sold ours first. There was one house we saw that caught my interest, but I kind of forgot about it as the month passed. We looked at 4 or 5 more houses this weekend and we actually saw another house that I liked too. So we had a choice between two different houses that were both great choices. We ended up going back to both of them later in the day and it ended up being the feeling of coming home. We are so excited that the offer we put in was accepted with minimal negotiations and the plus side is that it is available immediately! We are hoping to have the conditions on our home in Edmonton removed by Wednesday and then we should have the conditions for our new home in Lethbridge removed by Friday. Our possession date is set for November 1st and we are hoping to have a few things tweaked and ready for us to move in 2 weeks later. It is amazing to me that so much can change in such a short period of time. Last week at this time I was not sure where my life was going, and now there is tangible evidence that I won't be living in limbo forever. I think it is very fitting that this all occurred on Thanksgiving weekend as well. I am so thankful for my family and the fact that we are all going to be able to be together again soon. Here is a little sneak peek - more pictures soon!


On a sadder note, I am missing my Grandpa Webster as he passed away this past week. I am so grateful that he is with Grandma again. I know he has missed her so much and I am so very blessed with the knowledge of life after death and forever families. I guess I am also a little thankful that Grandpa died when he did as his funeral is on Tuesday and I am able to attend. I know that my Heavenly Father is mindful of me and I feel very blessed and thankful for all the tender mercies in my life.

No comments: