Friday, May 29, 2009

Planting our Garden..... Finally!!

Today was one of the most perfect days I have enjoyed all year! The weather was awesome and Matt had the day off so we spent the entire day outside working in our garden and flowerbeds. Our neighbor gave us some extra flowers she didn't need and Matt grabbed a few more from the store and we finally have a flowerbed that I don't cringe at every time I walk past it. It feels so good to be feeling so good as well. I finally feel like I have my strength back and it really feels great to be stiff and sore from a hard days work! I am even enjoying the little bit of a sunburn I got today too! We brought out the sprinkler to water the flowers and the front lawn and it only took about 1/2 a second before the girls were outside with their swimming suits on. Matt made a retaining wall last night for our garden so we could make it a bit more level. It sloped down toward the fence and with the extra height we can actually get to the back corner without falling down! Matt planted everything this afternoon except for the potatoes, those should be going in tomorrow. I was able to rake all the dead leaves from the back yard that didn't get raked up last fall and even the back yard is starting to look a little better! We really need to mow the lawn (Matt will probably do that tomorrow), but it was quite funny to watch Sarah crawl through the tall grass today - it looked like she was in a jungle! All in all - it was an awesome day. The only downside is that the battery in my camera is dead and I can't find the charger! Maybe that will be my project tomorrow - finding the charger. I can almost bet that my muscles will be complaining just a bit more tomorrow!!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

I am excited to see it! There is something so relaxing and satisfying about working in the yard.