Friday, May 8, 2009

Life goes on....

I have been home from the hospital now for a week and I can't figure out if life is in pause or fast forward. It has been three weeks since I got sick and it just seems like one big blur, but at the same time having so many days that have been so similar - they seem to drag by too. I am feeling better and better every day. My ward has continued to be amazingly supportive and I haven't cooked a meal for what seems like forever. Matt is still the most amazing husband ever - he is always there to take the laundry downstairs, waking up and feeding the kids breakfast, cleaning, cooking, running errands, taking the kids out to the park, etc, etc, etc. Last night we made a last minute decision to go to the temple. It was amazing how quickly things worked out. Brendan left for cadets at 5:30, we had dinner, decided we should go to the temple, called for a babysitter at 6:00 - thank goodness she was available, called to make sure there was room for us in the session, quickly got ready and were out the door by 6:30. The session started at 7:30 and we had 1/2 an hour to sit and enjoy the spirit there. I was quite tired afterward, but the blessings of peace and comfort were well worth it. I love the feelings I get when I go to the temple and it was especially nice after it has been such a difficult few weeks for us. Parenting is not the easiest job I have ever had and I am always grateful for any extra help and inspiration I can get. There was one quote that I heard at the Time Out for Women conference that has stuck in my head. "When you come to the end of a dark road and are staring out into a black abyss of nothing, just take that step of faith and you will either find solid ground to walk on, or you will be taught to fly." I know it is not word perfect, but it still means something to me. So, here comes that step of faith. I don't know if I will be flying or walking, but either way, everything will be ok.

3 comments:

Mary Lou said...

One step at a time, right?! Love you!

The FOUR M's... said...

Love you Shaunie -- hope you're 'all the way better' soon! :o)

Jennie said...

I'm glad you are improving!
I also love those last minute trips to the temple!
Love you and think about you often.