Friday, May 15, 2009

Life Lessons

Life has a way of tipping you upside-down sometimes. It's not like I have never had this happen before, so I am not quite sure why it always takes me by surprise. Every once in a while I just have a bad day and the adversary loves to take advantage of that and fill my head with all sorts of negative thoughts and feelings. I know how to combat this, I have done it many many times. What I don't know is, why does it take me so long to do it! I don't know why I have to wallow in self-pity and blow things out of proportion, but I guess I am only human and the only thing I can do about that is to try and learn something new. Yesterday was one of those days when I just couldn't seem to shake the negative and look for the positive. I was feeling a little down on myself and let myself indulge in some thoughts and feelings that probably were a little justified, but not as bad as I let myself think they were.

I am feeling much better than I was, but I am still not quite myself yet and I am having a hard time not being able to do everything I have been used to doing - - BUT, my health WILL continue to improve and I WILL be able to do everything again, just not today. I am trying to learn patience!

I have been feeling somewhat guilty that I have sent my son to live with my sister for the rest of the school year and wondering why I could not be everything my son needed - - BUT, from everything I have heard, he is doing GREAT!! I am so grateful for family and the willingness they have to help. I am learning that I don't have to be everything and that asking for help is OK!

I am also feeling a little sad that I will be released from my calling as Primary President this Sunday (shhhh, don't tell anyone yet!). I have been in that calling for 3 years and I will really miss working with the children - - BUT, the things I have learned and everything I have experienced there have been an awesome TESTIMONY BUILDER! I know that my time there is done and that it is time for another wonderful person have the opportunity to learn and grow like I have done.

So, I guess life is not that bad after all. I have an amazing husband, 5 great kids, and healthy baby on the way, a home to live in, food to eat, phenomenal parents and siblings and extended family, and a firm testimony that my Heavenly Father loves me and wants me to be happy. I also firmly believe in the ministering of angels and I am grateful for a mother who listens to those promptings and acts on them. (Thanks again MOM).

So for today, I plan to be - - HAPPY!! (It makes life a whole lot funner that way!)

1 comment:

Mindy said...

You are an amazing lady, Shauna! Don't ever forget that! I've always looked up to you and have been always impressed with the way you live your life and cope with everything that gets thrown your way. Love you lots!