Thursday, December 18, 2008

Tis' the season.....

Well, it is that time of year again - life gets overwhelmingly busy and consequently time speeds up and I end up not enjoying my Christmas holidays. This past week has been so crazy!! I hadn't had a chance to do any laundry since we came back from Grandma's funeral, so on Monday there were 10 loads to do. Those 10 loads didn't get folded until Wednesday, and not put away until today.... the socks are still on the floor, unmatched! By today there were another four loads to do - they are washed and dried, but not folded yet. I wonder how many days until that gets done. We had Christmas concerts on Tuesday and Wednesday night up at the school for our kids - they were great by the way! I was supposed to go to my Enrichment Christmas Dinner tonight, but after spending some time worshiping the ceramic throne last night - I opted out. I had a really bad night last night and was so grateful for Matt who slept on the couch with Sarah so I could sleep, or try to sleep anyway. I was surprised at how well I felt today and was able to clean my family room, kids rooms, and kitchen! I even sewed two more Christmas PJ's. That is three done - only four more to go. Why do I do this to myself? Matt and I have a party tomorrow night, a party on Saturday night, a family dinner here on Sunday night, and friends coming for FHE on Monday night! Holy Smokes!! I am so glad tomorrow is the last day of school. Two whole weeks of not having to fight to get kids out of bed - but Murphy's Law states that for the entire two weeks they will all pop out of bed like daisy's earlier than normal, and then be back to sleeping in when it is time for school. I guess I just needed to vent tonight. I really do love the Christmas season, but it sure is crazy sometimes!!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Wow, talk about busy mom. Keeping up with two when they have ear infections is bad enough.
My mother-in-law gave me a wonderful home remedy that keeps the ear infections away. When the girls get their first ear infections at the beginning of the winter I start them on these ear drops, and they are fine the rest of the winter. It is amazing!