Sunday, January 23, 2011

One of those days.....

Do you ever have one of "those" days when everything that could go wrong really really does? It's not that it was that bad of a day, but there were a whole bunch of little things that just added up to a really long, tiring day. My sister and her husband were out of town for the weekend and my brother was watching their kids for them. He had to leave at 8am this morning for a meeting, so I went over and brought their boys over here. All the kids had a blast this morning, playing, making crafts, and generally making a huge mess. I actually really didn't mind because they all play so well together and I am really happy for the close friendships they are creating with each other. They are all pretty good at helping to clean up too, so it really was no big deal. I was busy getting supper prepared so that we would be ready to eat as soon as we got home from church, since my sister and her family, plus another friend, would be joining us.
About 10:30am, Matt got a call for work and had to leave. I knew he was on call, but was really hoping that he would be at least be able to come to church, but no such luck. He left by 11am and didn't make it home until almost 8pm. In the meantime.......

*I peeled all the potatoes for supper and thought it was a good idea to use my garberator for the peels, but since I had about 10lbs of potatoes worth of peels, I plugged the sink
*I had all six kids at church by myself (thank goodness for family that helped out!)
*I had three visitors in my primary class and Gideon too. He had fallen asleep, but of course woke up just as I was starting to teach. I begged the nursery workers to take him the last hour and mercifully they did! (7 weeks to go!!)
*I realized just as I was about to head home from church that I had forgotten to turn on the oven and I frantically came up with an alternate menu idea
*Managed to get through dinner with 11 kids and 4 adults
*Put all the kids in bed
*Worked with Matt to try and unplug the sink and ended up with a flood on the kitchen floor
and.......
*I can't find the reusable juice containers I usually send in the kids' lunches, so I don't know what to send them for a drink tomorrow - - looks like they will be using the water fountain!

Here's to tomorrow - - hope it's a great one!!

2 comments:

Susan Murray said...

I've had days like that before. It does get better - until another one like that pops up. Hope you have a better day today. Love ya.

AMBER said...

Oh my Friend I truely have had those days and they are no fun!! Hope today was much better!! I miss seeing you!!