Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Back on the running wagon!

Finally!!! It seems like it has been FOREVER since I have had the chance to go for a run. Well, I guess I have had the "chance" for it, but have neglected to snatch up those fleeting moments! I used many an excuse - valid as they were - to choose not to run. Moving, settling in, Christmas, bad weather, etc, etc, etc. Well, no more excuses! I dusted off the old treadmill tonight and ran a great 4km run, and it felt GREAT!! I really, really missed having my awesome running partner, and it was pretty boring staring at a blank wall, but I got it done! I really do prefer to run outside if I had the choice, but I have to admit to being somewhat of a wimp when it comes to the cold. So I am extremely grateful that we live where we live now as we are having a much milder winter than where we were. My amazing sil has completely blown me away by how dedicated she is, even in crazy, crazy weather!!! I signed up for a 6km run in March, and I even got my husband to sign up with me -- it should be lots of fun to train together. Feels so great to get the ball rolling again!!!

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Yea!!!
I started again this week as well. I have a 5K in June!
You are amazing! I would love to run with my husband. Good luck, sounds like tons of fun!

AMBER said...

Good for you my friend!! Your sis in law has blown me away too with her dedication. i am a tad envious as I am still unable to run but I must admit I am learning to really luv the pool!! Miss seeing your pretty face!!

Sheri said...

Hooray!!! I was actually just thinking last night that I need to call you and see if you had gone for a run yet. Feel good huh?!?
Wish I was there to run with you.