Saturday, August 14, 2010

Such is life....

I felt that I had to take a few minutes and record what has been going on in the last couple of days. On Thursday night we had a viewing for our house. I was called at about noon and told they would be there at 5:45pm. I worked really hard cleaning everything up and finishing a few last minute projects. In the mean time, Anna wasn't feeling very well, and ended up throwing up twice..... on the carpet in the family room!! I just got her a bucket, cleaned things up and kept on going, poor little thing. The rest of the kids watched TV/movies ALL afternoon. They didn't seem to mind, but in the back of my head I did feel some guilt, but such is life sometimes. 5:30 rolls around and I am loading all the kids into the van. I had talked to Matt earlier and planned to meet at IKEA for dinner - at least I didn't have to cook! I got everybody in the van, but didn't see Anna. She had crawled into her bed and was fast asleep. I had to wake her up and put her in the van (with another bucket!) and we met Matt at IKEA. I told him he would have to take the other kids in and I would stay with Anna, but then we decided to just go through a drive-through and eat at a park. By the time we had gotten our food and gotten to a park, it was starting to rain, but the time frame the Realtor had given us was up anyway, so we just went home and ate supper there!
Later that evening, one of the kids said that the lights wouldn't work in the bathroom. Well, the lights in the bathroom, one bedroom, hall, kitchen, one light in the family room, downstairs hall, and one plug in the front room weren't working either. So random!! We figured we had a breaker that was tripped, but everything was ok there. We had a friend come over Friday morning and test the breaker panel, and everything was working fine, so then we figured we had a short somewhere along the line, the problem was finding it! We searched and searched, took all the light switch covers off and took down all the lights, to try and find this short. By 11pm we were exhausted and had finally lined up an electrician that was a friend of a friend to come in at 10am this morning. He wanted to come at 11am, but during all the searching, we had another call to have another showing at 11am today!! Needless to say, we were a little stressed.
As we crawled into bed, I reached for my scriptures and told Matt to find a good one for us. He flipped them open and it opened to Alma. One of the scriptures that was highlighted was Alma 37:6 - "Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise." I went to sleep with a prayer in my heart that everything would be ok.
This morning, the electrician knocks on my door at 9:30am and by 10am he was cleaned up and out the door!! The plug-in that was behind the couch (which we never thought to check) had a loose wire which shorted out all the other lights and plugs down the line. It needed a new outlet, which I just happened to have in my garage, and everything was back in business. I asked him how much I owed him and he said $20 - which I gladly handed over!
I feel so very blessed, and I know that everything will be ok. I have been really worried about selling our house, as our last experience with selling did not got well at all, and I have been worried that I will be here by myself for a long time without Matt as he has to start work in just over 3 weeks. I saw a little quote on a friends blog that has lifted my spirits. It says: "Everything will be OK in the end. If it is not OK, it is not the end." I know I am being looked over and everything will be taken care of, and for that I feel very blessed!!

3 comments:

Nysha Murray said...

What a stressful week! Hopefully things go a little smoother this week.
p.s. hope the house sells soon, we can't wait to have you down here!

Mary Lou said...

It's never easy going through the chaos of life... thank goodness we have 'extra' assurance that everything WILL truly be okay in the end. Just remember - Grandma pulls strings on the other side!

Sheri said...

I love that quote! Hang in there ......at least we can run to help ease some of the stress :)