Sunday, November 29, 2009

Let the fun begin!

I love reading blogs and I check the ones I read quite regularly. I love hearing about all the fun things that my family and friends are doing and get a little disappointed when there has been nothing new updated. Then I realized that I don't update mine very often either. It seems like we are always doing the same things and there isn't much to say. Well, just when I think things are settling down......
I got a call from one of our Bishop's counsellor's yesterday and he came over to extend a new calling for me. I am a little bit overwhelmed as they have asked me to be the Gospel Doctrine Teacher!! That has always been a calling that I have been a bit intimidated by. My friend teaches the class now and says it is her favorite calling, but I think it will take a little getting used to before I refer to it as such. I guess I have some growing and learning to do - I just hope the class will have some patience with me as I do that. Especially since next year we are starting on the Old Testament! I have always wanted to learn more about it as I don't think I was paying too much attention in seminary. So here we go - let the good times roll!!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Yikes.........that is one big calling but I bet it will be a great excuse to make sure you get in lots of scripture study every week! You will do an amazing job. (Just glad it is you and not me!)