Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Rebecca

Today is Rebecca's 4th birthday. I have some very clear memories of 4 years ago right at this very moment! Mary Lou came up and stayed with our other kids and then stayed for a week to help out. Rebecca was a sweet little baby and a joy to add to our family.
She has grown up into a smart little girl and we still really enjoy having her around!! Becky had a little party with her best friend Ashlyn yesterday and then took some cupcakes to share with all her friends at school today.
She loved the new blanket I made for her. Her previous blanket had been loved to shreds and so I made her one just like the previous one, just bigger.
Just to add to the fun, Becky had a bit of an accident this afternoon and ended up with three stitches in her chin. She was not happy to go to the doctor and even less happy about having him put the stitches in, but she actually did really well and even calmed down a little bit when I quit squeezing her hands so tight. I forgot that she was supposed to be squeezing my hands - I guess I was a little nervous too. Rebecca is the first of our kids that have needed stitches and I have never been that close watching stitches being put in before. We stopped by the grocery store afterward and she picked out a treat - Oreo's - and was happy as a clam after that. Another day to remember that is for sure!!

3 comments:

Mary Lou said...

LOVE the new blankie! Looks 'slightly' better than her other one! So fun! Sorry to hear about the stitches, but glad her treats made it 'all' better! Wish I could have been there. It's hard to believe four years have gone by so quickly!

Sheri said...

She will never forget this birthday! I love her blanket, it is perfect.

Sheri said...

Oh .............AND I just love how she her outfit matches with her cupcakes :)