Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas 2011

Santa found our house!

The stockings were filled to the brim.

Check out all the loot! 

 




 


Matt is trying out his new binoculars already.
We had a great Christmas this year.  We enjoyed going out on Christmas Eve and attending the live nativity that is put on by our church.  It was a great way to help our children remember the reason we celebrate Christmas.  We enjoyed driving around and looking at the lights and then went home and the kids were able to play their Christmas piano pieces for Grandma Hatch.  Matt and I pinned up a sheet to block off the entrance to the front room so there would be no peeking -- that sure got their attention and made them even more excited!  I was surprised to wake up at 7:30am and realize that nobody had woken up yet.  I enjoyed laying in bed for another half an hour before anybody came creeping up the stairs.  We had a quick little breakfast -- Santa left us Nutella and mini boxes of cereal -- and then were able to read the Christmas story in Luke 2, have family prayer, and then we headed in to open gifts.  We finished up around 10:30 and then had some yummy waffles, and then got ready and headed to church.  We only had sacrament meeting, and it was one of the nicest meetings I have been to in a long time.  It was all music and scriptures and it really touched my heart and made me feel so very grateful for the knowledge I have of my Savior.  We had a nice Christmas dinner here at home and had fun playing with all the new toys that came.  Monday we went out to Mountain View for our Murray Family Dinner and Fishpond.  It was such a fun day!  We booked the church and mom and dad brought up their little cars so the kids could run and play in the gym.  We had an awesome dinner and then played a whole bunch of Minute-to-Win-it games which were absolutely hilarious.  The kids all enjoyed "fishing" for their gifts -- such a fun tradition!  We also had a Webster family dinner this week and it was nice to see a lot of my cousins and their families too.  I feel so blessed to have the family that I have! 

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Sounds like such a fun Christmas! I am pretty intrigued by the "fish pond".....any pics? (It sounds exciting)

Shauna said...

Mary Lou took tons -- I didn't have my camera that day. I will tell her to put some up!

Mary Lou said...

If I ever get a few minutes without my helpers, I'll get some pics posted!