Monday, December 12, 2011

The Blessings of Tithing

On Sunday we met with our Bishop for tithing settlement just after church.  We have been trying to give our younger children an opportunity to earn a little bit of money over the last 3 months and they had all their pennies added up and were able to give their tithing to the Bishop too.  Sarah had all of 14 cents in her envelope and was quite excited to give it to the Bishop, but as we were walking down the hallway to go home, she started crying that she wanted her money back.  We had a little discussion on the way home about what tithing is for and why we pay tithing and that we get blessings for paying our tithing.  After we had been home for a while, Matt was looking for his iPod, which had been missing since Saturday afternoon, and I told the kids that whoever found it would get a dollar.  I couldn't have planned it better myself, but Sarah was the one who found the iPod and got the dollar.  I was quick to point out that she was being blessed for paying her tithing.  I hope that these little moments will be remembered for many many years to come!

1 comment:

Christal said...

Shauna you have a beautiful family! Love this post too! Love life lessons I hope my kids always remember! Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you and your family!