Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Fun Flying FHE

I saw a cute idea the other day and decided it would be a great activity for our Family Home Evening.  I tied it in with a spiritual message by talking about eternal marriage.  I related the two rings of paper to wedding rings and told the kids that when a man and a woman get married and work together they can accomplish many things.  It was really fun watching everybody work to make these little airplanes and fly them all over the house.
 Grace wanted to name her airplane and gave it the call letters of C-Grace.  She was so excited that her airplane had almost the same letters as her Grandpa Murray's which are C-GRPA.  I think there is a bit of aviation blood running in our family Grandpa!




Of course we had to have an awesome treat afterward too.  I made a batch of my Grandpa Webster's famous gingersnap cookies as they are a family favorite!  It was such a fun evening, and to top it all off, we made it through without anybody breaking another arm!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Fun! I think you might need to share that gingersnap recipe (hint hint).
Just one question, I can barely see Matt in that pic but are you one of the lucky wives whose husband is participating in Mo-vember?!?!

Shauna said...

Matt has gotten so many compliments on his bushy lip! He actually had a goatee until Sunday and now he has just the moustache. The kids think it is pretty funny!