Sunday, February 21, 2010

MARDI GRAS!!

We had an awesome Mardi Gras party here last night! We had thought about having a party a couple of years ago, but that was the month Sarah was born, so we didn't. Then last year I was sick, so this was the year! We had an awesome friend that found a website that would ship in crawfish straight from Louisiana, so we had a big crawfish boil right here in good old Canada! We had some great friends come and join us for this too! Our little house was a bit crowded for a bit, but it sure was a lot of fun! Keith made his awesome jambalaya and I made sweet potato pie and pralines too. It was such a fun evening that I think this will have to be the first of many to come!
I just stole this picture off of Tracey's blog - I didn't get one with my camera!

Frozen crawfish ready to boil

Into the pot with you!

Watching them boil

Matt demonstrated how to eat a crawfish

Pinch the tail, suck the head!



Chow time!


The aftermath!


Cute Amber!!


The boys played Catan afterwards.


Keith and Jamie just chillin'



Our kids were excited that there were some leftovers this morning!

Even Gideon got in on the action!!


Happy Mardi Gras!!

No comments: