Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Gideon



We are excited to announce the arrival of Gideon Matthew Roger Hatch to our family!





Gideon arrived on Sunday, September 13, 2009 at 11:51pm. He is 21 1/2 inches long and weighed 10lbs 8 oz (I know, I know - - I was there!!).




I started having some contractions on Sunday morning though nothing too regular. I went to church at 1pm and ended up going home after sacrament meeting as I wasn't feeling great. After laying down for a couple of hours I felt fine and had no contractions at all for those two hours. We had supper after everybody else came home and cleaned up the house. Later on Matt and I went for a walk to see if things would get moving. We walked for about half an hour and I started having some pretty strong contractions, but again, not very regularly. We went home and put the kids to bed and played a game of Catan. By about 9:30 they were coming about every 5 minutes and so we made a few arrangements for the kids, made lunches for the next day, and finished packing my bag. I sat down for a few minutes around 10:30 just to make sure they were going to continue and by 10:45 I was having contractions every 2 minutes and figured it was time to head to the hospital. We arrived upstairs at about 11pm and I was sent right into a delivery room. I was at 5cm at abou 11:15 and then the doctor came in and broke my water and I was immediately at 6cm and 20min later I was ready to push. And so at 11:51 our BIG baby boy arrived. We are all super excited to have him here and he has been an awesome baby so far. I am having a few problems with some nasty inflammed varicose veins, but other than that I am feeling fine. The kids all love Gideon and want to hold him all the time. Sarah is getting better at being gentle - she thinks Gideon is her personal baby and says "Hi" and waves to him whenever she sees him. What a great way to complete our family!!

3 comments:

The FOUR M's... said...

Yay! We are so excited for you guys! He is so super cute and I love his rolls! :o) Hope your veins feel better soon and that your recovery is speedy! Love ya!

Mary Lou said...

Can't wait to get up there and spoil him rotten! :-)

Jennie said...

Congratulations on one HEALTHY boy!!!
You both look wonderful. Wish I was there to see him in person.
Sending lots of love from Utah!