Monday, September 7, 2009

Back to school!

What a crazy last couple of weeks! School started on Wednesday last week - I know - weird day to start school, but oh well. We were babysitting extra kids until Monday and Tuesday anyway, so it was nice to have just my kids in the house again. Brendan started Grade 7 (I am NOT that old!!) and he is doing well riding his bike to a new (much bigger) school with all new teachers and schedules. The school is 2 1/2 km away, so it is a nice bike ride for him right now before the snow flies anyway. Grace started Grade 2 this year and she really likes her new teacher. Anna is finally in kindergarten. She was so excited for her first day of school and kept saying over and over "I can't believe it's my first day, I can't believe it's my first day!" all the way to school. She was in that door and had her indoor shoes on, backpack hung up and over playing with the other kids so fast, I hardly had a chance to say goodbye! I am glad she is going to have a great year and that she will enjoy it so much! Rebecca started preschool at ABC Headstart - the same one Anna was at last year. We spent a lot of time there last year and so she was quite familiar with all the teachers and the classroom. She was a little nervous knowing that it was for her this time, but she did really well until they had her take her new shoes off and leave them there. She was in tears for quite a while because she wanted to keep her new shoes with her! The next day she was just fine though. It is a little strange sending my not quite 4 year old on a bus all by herself, but she doesn't seem to have a problem with it. Last week was a little strange because of staggered entry days for Rebecca and Anna - Anna only went to school on Thursday, and Rebecca went on Wednesday and Friday. That worked for me and being able to be with both of them on their first days of school though. Tomorrow is the start of regular schedules for everybody and I will be here at home with just Sarah to keep me company. That is until this next little one arrives. He is due this coming Saturday - - 5 more days!! It seems strange that D-Day is finally here and here already. I have been trying to keep on top of things, but things keep getting the better of me. I know that I will always have something to fill my days anyway. Here's to an awesome school year!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

You are amazing!!!
And no, you are not that old! I'm not either. ;)
Good luck with the new addition. I look forward to pictures!!! Lots of pictures. You could even email me some when you found the time...