Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The true meaning of Christmas

We have had an amazing week. 

We have been so blessed.

On Sunday the Bishop handed Matt an envelope that was simply addressed to "The Matt Hatch Family".  The Bishop told us he was asked to give it to us on behalf of a member of our ward that wanted to remain anonymous.  There was $500 in the envelope.  WOW!

Then yesterday, I got stuck.  We have had a lot of snow and our van isn't the greatest in the snow.  It is rear-wheel drive and doesn't have great traction.  We got two new tires put on this summer, but hadn't gotten around to the other two yet. 
I was fortunate that two of my neighbors were able to come out and help me out.  It took over half an hour to dig me out and just as we were almost done, another neighbor came out to help too. 
I was able to get moving enough and then just drove around the block and parked across the street so I could get the driveway shovelled out properly.
I spent almost 3 hours outside shovelling our driveway, sidewalks, and our neighbors sidewalks too.  Brendan and Grace helped, and a friend of Grace's who lives three doors down came and helped too.  Matt got home from work a little early and he made the work go a lot faster. 
While I was out shovelling, one of the neighbors that helped me earlier, came and asked me for my keys.  I thought he was going to pull the van into the driveway for me, but he took the van and was gone for a couple of hours.
When he brought back our van, there were two new tires on it and it also had a full tank of gas.  Wow, wow, wow!

I am overwhelmed by his generosity and kindness.

He has truly showed our family the true meaning of Christmas.

Not everybody is able to do things like he did, but we can all do something.  I intend to do what I can this Christmas and throughout the whole year.

Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Wow, that is a miracle. I love stories like this! Good to know there are angels on the Lord's errand all around us.

Dennis & Mary said...

I LOVE christmas miracles

Dennis & Mary said...

I LOVE christmas miracles

Unknown said...

Love your story, Shauna. I would love to put it in our Christmas book next year.

Unknown said...

Love your story, Shauna. I would love to put it in our Christmas book next year.