Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Conversation with a 6 year old

This morning we had pancakes for breakfast.  I am not sure why it is so hard for Rebecca to cut her pancakes, but she really struggles with this.  Only for me though -- if one of her aunts or her grandma were the ones making the pancakes, and I (her own mom) was not around, she could cut them with no problem.  This morning, she once again asked if I would cut her pancakes for her, and I decided to pick my battles and give in.  The following conversation made it all worthwhile though!

Rebecca: Mom, will you cut my pancakes, please?
Mom: Of course, Rebecca.  I will always cut your pancakes for you.  Forever and ever.
Rebecca:  Even when I am a grown-up?
Mom: Even when you are a grown-up.
Rebecca:  What about when I have kids?
Mom:  Don't worry, I'll come  to your house and cut their pancakes too.
Rebecca:  What if you are dead?
Mom:  Hmmmm..... What do you think?
Rebecca:  Will you invite me to your funeral?
Anna:  Of course she will -- you are related!
Rebecca:  I am going to bring a plate of cut up pancakes to your funeral and say, "She was the best pancake cutter EVER!" (fake sobbing with a big smile at the end!)
 

Totally made my day!!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

So funny!

Mary Lou said...

That totally made my day! Too funny!